Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Anatolyk / Bansal, please advice !

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Anatolyk / Bansal, please advice !

Postby nas » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:47 am

1) I am a bit confused about the guidance on J1 visa carried in the ECFMG document. It states that u need to submit a letter from the Ministry of Health, that they need doctors for the particular speciality in the country, along with the DS-2019 document.
How on earth would one get a letter of that kind from Ministry of Health. I am an Indian IMG. Can any Indian colleague please let me know how to go about it, knowing well the political scene back home !
As the Ministry letter sounds to be a very important one, does anyone lose a residency, because they did'nt get the letter to process the visa (all efforts would then go waste).

2) Also I am confused by the word J1 waiver (?). Is it true that u cannot get H visa without step 3 ?

3) The sequence of my name on the medical diploma is different from all the other documents. Its extremely difficult to get a letter from the school dean on the same, due to the lethargic attitude of the administrative office.
Are there any other ways of getting these things right, I am finding it difficult as I am presently not in India and its difficult to get things moving from here ?

Many thanks and good luck !
nas

Postby anatolyk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:52 am

2. J1 waiver is a petition that waves your obligation to return to your home country after completing your residency. True, one cannot get H1 without Step 3.

3. Deviations like this are normal.
anatolyk

Return to Immigration and Visas