Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

visa enquiry

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

visa enquiry

Postby jenicang » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:52 pm

1,im currently an IMG student from windsor univ ersity,im on MD6 and currently just started my core rotations.i intend doing some of my clinicals in the states,i had a US visa that has expired,i ve been visiting the US before it expired ,and this is currently my third renewal,i intend to renew it again in a couple of months time and i was thinking whether it will be better to tell them at the embassy that im going for my rotations backed with the school letter or that im just going visiting,which one would help me more in the visa application
2,secondly,im a nigerian and i have nigerias in my school from windsor that are currently going to nigeria for some of their rotations,i was thinking about that but i wanted to find out if there is a way that would affect me in getting a residency from the states since im planning to do that or if there are other ways it will affect me and also if it will apppear on my transcript that i did some rotations in nigeria.
thanks in anticipation.
jen
jenicang

Re: visa enquiry

Postby anatolyk » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:19 am

1. Visa question. I would ask seniors from your school who went to US for clinical rotations how did they get their visas. They should alsoi be able to recommend an immigration attorney or school official well familiar with the process.

2. Doing some rotation in Nigeria won't affect your chances of getting into US residency. However, the more time you spent in US clinical clerkships, the better are your chances here.

Good luck.
anatolyk

Return to Immigration and Visas