Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Need Urgent Advice regarding H1b!

Immigration issues, H1B and J1 visa sponsorship issues

Need Urgent Advice regarding H1b!

Postby DR.S. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:58 pm

Today my attorney told me that my H1 visa got approved for 1 yr and 1 day.........what does that mean?
The hospital had requested for 3 yr approval in my petition with USCIS but I only got 1 yr and 1 day approval.
The attorney was trying to contact USCIS but the officials are not even attending the phone call......strange behavior!, so finally, attorney sent email to USCIS to ask about explanation about it.

1.Does this often happen?

2.What would be my further course of action in case of just 1 yr H1 approval? Will I have to reapply for H1 next year through same process (by spending $3000)?

3.Can't I have >1 yr stamp on my H1 from home country? I plan to go back to home country in next 3 days.

4. What happens if I get married to US citizen in next few months?

I would highly appreciate inputs in this regard.

One more off-the-topic Question: How long maximum one can stay out of USA if he/she is on Green Card?

Thank you.

[/b]
DR.S.

Postby amir » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:17 pm

I know that if you obtain an H1B vis for one year, you can renew it for a low fee next year and obtain a 2 year extension.
The good thing is that you already have your H1B in hand.

I am starting this process, and I share the same concern about the 3 years, I was told by my layer that it depends on the peticion letter of the employer, if it describe the length of the residency to be 3 years.

I would like to know how long did it take to get this paperwork done and if the payment of the different government fees were issued to Homeland Security directly?
Were you given the option to stamp the H1B in your homecountry?

Thank you in advance.
amir

Return to Immigration and Visas