Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Canada?

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Canada?

Postby angie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:06 pm

Is somebody at this forum who take MCC exams for Canada?
angie

MCC (EE / EA1 / EA2) exams

Postby celise » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:09 pm

Your post is old so not sure you'll still pursuing the CDN dream, but if anybody needs info I have been through these exams which are the Canadian equivalent to the USMLE.
celise

canadian exams

Postby celise » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Btw, some Canadian provinces will allow application to residency through their own testing system (ie NOT via the Medical Council of Canada exams).

Quebec for example (french speaking province), allows USMLE 1&2CK as the equivalent to their first Quebec exam. -> If you already have passed some USMLE steps, it can be interesting to look into different provincial rules to see what's left to pass so as to apply to a residency in Canada.

Just an idea.
celise

Re: Canada?

Postby hm96056 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi Celise, I know these topics are like 3 years old now, but I am a Canadian citizen and I am currently studying Medicine
in one of the medical schools in the UK.

Here I do 3 years in this school then I get my Bachelor of Science degree.
Then I move to another school to do my clinical years for 3 years. Then I become a certified doctor, although, I have to
do internships and all that...

Anyways, I am interested in coming back to Canada. And I'm also thinking about doing USMLE at the end of the third year in my first school to go back to the States...I've talked to some people and they all say that USMLE is quite similar to MCCQE so as long as I do USMLE, I'll be fine with MCCQE. Is this true?

And also, is MCCQE the only thing they look for other than the transcript and letter of reference?
Is it the only examination that I need to do well on to get back to Canada?

Thank you.
hm96056

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals