Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Lankenau hospital ,PA

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Lankenau hospital ,PA

Postby anonymous pa » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:41 am

Friends ,Just to let you know this F*** hospital although gives h1b to IMG is damn racist hospital, make img work as slaves, beware. They talk very sweetly during interveiws but we would realise once we are in hospital working. This is iniside story,thanks ,good luk for the application process.
anonymous pa

Re: Lankenau hospital ,PA

Postby inside Lankenau » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:07 pm

I totally agree , in the interview was impressed by the program and found later that it is nothing
anonymous pa wrote:Friends ,Just to let you know this F*** hospital although gives h1b to IMG is damn racist hospital, make img work as slaves, beware. They talk very sweetly during interveiws but we would realise once we are in hospital working. This is iniside story,thanks ,good luk for the application process.
inside Lankenau

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:50 am

[quote="anonymous pa"]Friends ,Just to let you know this F*** hospital although gives h1b to IMG is dam racist hospital, make img work as slaves, beware. They talk very sweetly during interveiws but we would realise once we are in hospital working. This is iniside story,thanks ,good luck for the application process.[/quo

One of the most features of the program is that the program administrators are very nice to the residents
I don't know what are these talking about
They should be reasonable and appreciate that this is their program .. they are living from their job in this program
I can tell that these have problems regarding their performance and try to give excuses for this

lankenau hospital in pa

Postby lepemney » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Just to remind you that first year of residency is always a challenge everywhere you go.Take that opportunity to show them the difference between competency and foolishness and it does not matter how racist they are you can still show them that the color of your skin does not makeyou any less than a physician who is willing to serve and alleviate the sufferings of the humanity whether they are black,yellow ,red or white.......
lepemney

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:58 am

This hospital takes IMG to due the ground work of the residency without benefit , the learning experience is almost zero , while for fellowships they don't support their residents
If you are lokking for good program with good chances of fellowships , don't come here

Postby Guest » Sat May 27, 2006 9:42 am

This program requires IMG to have extwnsive traing and experience before coming here , while about half of the attendings that we are dealing with just done with their residecies so almost all IMGs here are more expert and more knowledgeble than these [CENSORED] attendings who don't trust themselves that they are attendings evaluating residents while they were residents in the very near past [/u]

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:27 am

Friends
It is true that this program has Cardiology ( EP and Interventional ) , GI , Nephrology , Heme Onc fellowships but most of the fellows in the program did their resdiency in other hospitals
[/b]Inside advise , If you are coming for fellowship ,, this is not your place

Postby hakeem » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:48 am

[b][u]My appeal to all FMGs , please don't come to this place
If you want to face all kind of racial descremination from the program and most of the attendings , if you don't want to get your fellowship come here
All the current IMG third year resdients ( 5 ) did not match for fellowship positions in the SAME Hospital
The fellowship positions either for American graduates or outside applicants but not for IMGs who are doing resdiency in this hospital
They have a large cardiology fellowship program with 4 positions per year but they just take 1 from the residents of the hospital be aware about this , they will not tell you this in the medicine interview
Inthe contrary the way that they sell themselves and try to attract qualified candidiates by telling them that we have 4 fellowship programs
The name of the hopsital is not helpful for outsdie fellowship
just be aware and good luck
I hope that someone told me this before I came here [/u][/b]
hakeem

Postby IMG4fellowship » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:04 pm

I agree with the group members completely. Moreover I will also add that the cardiology fellowship group here is also discriminatory against people who are foreign. They have no choice but to take their FMG IM residency graduates but would drop them for a caucasian person at first opportunity. Moreover they are decieving when it comes to feedback and will tell you that they are pleased with your performance and how great they think you are but will hold the exact opposite impression of you. They have these peripheral research groups that claim to have influence on the main program and will try and hoard the desperate IMGs to come and work for them for free and then drop them like a hot potatoe on first opportunity when things start going south. I would strongly encourage all applicants to their residency and fellowship programs to be very weary of their deceptive and abusive posturing towards IMGs and give them as wide a bearth as you possibly can.
IMG4fellowship

Postby rr6262789 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Last edited by rr6262789 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rr6262789

Postby wanjae » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:04 am

It is not true. I have been there and its a good residency program with good exposure. To my knownledge over the last 3 years inside candidates got cardiology fellowship were all IMGs. I dont understand then how program is biased?
In all institutes dozen of insider apply every year for cardiology and it is a well known fact that One Program director cannot give fellowship to all insider when spots are only 4.
wanjae

Postby ElegantEuro » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:40 pm

I am an IMG and was IVed in Lankenau last year. To be honest and fair, the hardware is great--new buildings, facilities, cath lab, great food. Morning report and noon conference were solid--good teaching. However, I didn't like the atmosphere at all, although I didn't see direct evidence showing IMG-unfriendliness. The post-call Indian residents presenting in the morning report looked scared and isolated; most of AMGs spoke and behaved very arrogantly--BUT based on their performance in the morning report and noon conference, their knowledgibility was entertainingly mediocre--totally uncomparable to some Caribbean students and IMGs I've seen. No idea at all what gave these AMGs their arrogance--their 3rd-tier medical school or just being AMGs? The female AMG chief was nice, sweet and humble though.
ElegantEuro

Postby Samer » Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 am

HI every body,
are there any updates
Samer

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals