Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Radiology

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Radiology

Postby muntasha » Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Hello,

I am a recent medical graduate. I have given step 1 and cs and cleared both and have to take step 2.
I am really interested in doing radiology but I don't know how to go about it. My score in step 1 was low so I just kind of gave up on my dream to do radiology. I got 206 in step 1. Please guide me if I still have any chance in applying for it. my visa status has just changed to green card. I have heard radiology requires very very high scores which I don't have. I have to apply for observerships as well and I really have not much idea regarding all this.
Your answers encouraging or discouraging both will be much appreciated.

Thanks
muntasha

Re: Radiology

Postby zafanili » Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi
To be frank, ya radiology is very competitive, but not impossible. There are a group of programs that take IMGs each year (check the "applicantguide residency website"). Although observerships in radiology are not necessaary but if you have low scores with no radiology experience back home you might need to get at least one US LOR. Uusally people who match to radiology apply widely to the programs in this list and they do also apply to other specialties as backup just in case they were not luck in getting interviews. As in any specialty, make sure you apply in the first week of the application season in September as most PDs work on the basis of first come first served..
zafanili

Postby suba1995mk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:15 am

Anybody clarify the difference between radiology and immunology?

Regards: Selenium Training in Chennai
suba1995mk

Postby carsonvictoria05 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:47 am

I remember in radiology there is that risk of cancer due to being exposed to radiation after a long period of time. With advances in modern meds and technological advances that risk is probably minimal these days. assignment help
carsonvictoria05

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals