Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Jobs for Medical Graduates in Los Angeles, CA or nationwide

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Jobs for Medical Graduates in Los Angeles, CA or nationwide

Postby NipTuckMD » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:04 pm

We all know how time-consuming it can be to prepare for the Boards or wiggle one's way into a residency position. There can be a lot of lead time, and sometimes it's hard to figure out how to make a living while working towards medical licensure.

Well, if you have have graduated from Med School, I have a very interesting proposal for you. This is what I did when I came to the United States and had gap time to bridge over. I was working as Utilization Review Physician, working up Worker's Compensation Cases, reviewing medical treatment or diagnostic procedures that physicians requested against evidence-based medicine guidelines criteria.

Today, we are a group of physicians who founded our own Medical Peer Review Company, contracting with about 200 physicians nationwide. We are based in Beverly Hills, CA and count many amongst the largest Worker's Compensation carriers amongst our Clients.
Throughout 2011, we have encountered explosive growth and continue to hire full-time Physicians working with us in our Beverly Hills location or remotely from home.

We provide paid training; it is not rocket science, but it is advanced and demanding medical work requiring medical knowledge and judgment. It is an amazing opportunity to stay in touch with clinical medicine, and will provide you with invaluable knowledge for your further medical career. You will never have problems, like the majority of practicing physicians, getting any requested procedure authorized by the insurance carrier!

Reimbursement will be on a per case basis. As you grow in experience, the number of cases you can do per day will grow accordingly. Our reimbursement schedule is set at the equivalent of $50 an hour; but once you are able to finish cases in less time, it might even work out to the equivalent of $100 an hour.
Our Utilization Review Physician's average between 60.000 and 120.000 USD per year.

What is important is that you would be available full-time or at least on a fixed hourly schedule. Most of the cases we work up have tight deadlines set by regulatory requirements and are due on the same day. We need to be able to rely upon you to turn a case back in as soon as possible.

This opportunity might pay your bills and provide a fascinating opportunity to work within the medical field. Again, licensure is not required, but the MD degree is.

We are a young, dynamic, dedicated, friendly, and courteous team looking for team players. We provide best in class quality to our clients and the patients we provide services to, and we are looking for doctors who can identify with that.

We are looking to hire immediately.

For consideration, please send your questions and a brief CV to me at md2@starmds.com

Good luck on your path to licensure!

Robert
NipTuckMD

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals