Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Pre-med with questions regarding residency

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Pre-med with questions regarding residency

Postby Kevnm67 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:38 am

Hey guys,

I am in the process of applying to medical schools and was wondering what your experience with residency matching has been coming out of a foreign school. I understand most people change their mind about their speciality during medical school but I like to have options and don't want to close myself out of having the opportunity to specialize in certain areas of medicine. Are there certain specialities that you are at a huge disadvantage for attending a foreign med school? Do any of you regret not trying to enhance your application and reapply to US schools?

Any other suggestions or insight would be great. Thanks!

Kevin
Kevnm67

Re: Pre-med with questions regarding residency

Postby Kevnm67 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:56 am

What? An article? I don't understand your post.
Kevnm67

Postby seinfelddvds » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:15 am

What do you do? I'm a doctor; specifically, I'm in the first year of my residency training in Neurosurgery. At what point did you know what you wanted to be? For me, it was a bit later than most of my classmates in medical school, who generally say they were 'pre-med' from they day they could talk.
seinfelddvds

Postby Kevnm67 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:25 pm

seinfelddvds wrote:What do you do? I'm a doctor; specifically, I'm in the first year of my residency training in Neurosurgery. At what point did you know what you wanted to be? For me, it was a bit later than most of my classmates in medical school, who generally say they were 'pre-med' from they day they could talk.

Am I missing something? Are you referencing something else? Im confused.
Kevnm67

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals