Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

My chances....advice needed

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

My chances....advice needed

Postby Sabrina » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:15 pm

I am an inernational medical graduate from Pakistan, my scores are in mid-80s and I m looking for a Internal medicine residency program that offers H-1 visa, since I m doing research in one of the most leading cancer centers int he US, i just want to find out what your chances are like when u have good research experience, I also have done electives for three months here in good universities. The only problem I have is that I cleared Step2CS in third attempt.
Sabrina

Chances

Postby anatolyk » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:04 pm

I assume you have good US LORs.

Research experience helps, but not too much.

I would say a bit below 50-50.
anatolyk

More Info

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:10 am

Sabrina wrote: The only problem I have is that I cleared Step2CS in third attempt.

Can someone provide me with more info about "third"?

Chances

Postby ds » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Hi, I a FMG. I passed Step 1 in seCond attempt with 82. Still have to give step 2 and CS.
I have a masters in Applied Developmental Psychology and 3 yrs of clinical reaserch in psychiatry at one of the leading psychiatric instituted in the US. I am interested in Psychiatry/ pediatrics Residency.
Do I have any chance of getting into a good program?
ds

Psychiatry

Postby anatolyk » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:58 pm

Yes you do.
anatolyk

Re: Psychiatry

Postby Bona » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm

anatolyk wrote:Yes you do.

It looks you are the adviser here, may i get your advice to? i passed step 1 84 and step 2 CK 99 first attempt, i am waiting to get the result of CS, i am looking for a observeship before i may apply , what are my chances to get to IM or Ob/ gyn that provide H1visas sponsorship? I am so glad i found this site, i feel almost out.
Bona

Re: My chances....advice needed

Postby anatolyk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Did you get any interviews? I doubt there will be many interview invitations sent out at this point.

It is difficult to estimate scramble chances because the system has completely changed.

Just do whatever is under your control and hope for the best.
anatolyk

Postby sangio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 am

Hi, I am an IMG. I graduated in 2006 and I just finished my residency in Oncology in Italy, I also worked one year as research assistant in the US. I am now studying for the USMLE. Do you think I have any chance to get into a residency program? I would like to work as an oncologist in the US at some point... is it too hard for people like me that are not just out Medical School (I'm 31 ys old...)?
sangio

Postby anatolyk » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:16 pm

You should apply for IM programs and then try your luck with onco fellowship. As long as you get good scores on first attempt, you should have no problem finding a position.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals