Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Surgical Residency for USMLE 1999

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

Surgical Residency for USMLE 1999

Postby AKA17 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:06 am

Dear All :)
I am new member of forum and in a very unique problem hope some one can help me. I passed usmle step 1 (82), step 2 (84) in 1999 and got my ECFMG certificate. I applied through ERAS in 1999 but unfortunately got no interview for general surgery.
Since 1999 i am working in general surgery and have membership exam from UK (MRCS). I have almost 6 yrs of UK experience in general surgery and have few publications and presentations. I am not sure now how should i proceed to get a surgical residency in USA and what are the chances.? :? ,Will someone guide me?.
AKA17

Postby anatolyk » Mon May 07, 2007 11:19 am

Under no circumstances I consider my opinion 100% right.

I think you need to re-take the steps. They are too old and most programs may have doubts if your medical knowledge is up to date. Besides, most states require 7 years between 1st and last step, so you will have to re-take them anyway.

As for your chances, it is impossible to estimate them using just the information you provided. There is much more than just score dates...
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals