Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

2007 match

Program scoop. IMG friendly programs/hospitals

2007 match

Postby asifcv » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:41 pm

I have few queries in regard to 2007 Match. If these queries have been posted earlier, plz provide me the link for that.
1. Do I have to pass step1 and 2CK to apply for the Match or is it ok if I provide it before the rank listing.
2. Is it necessary to provide MSPE( Deans letter) I am not sure if my college in India knows about it and moreover the present dean might not be knowing me and I may have to travel to India to get that.
3. LOR’s. I have some LOR’s from my previous consultants which are few months old and they are not addressed to the program directors. How important is LOR letter.
4. Do I have to pass Step3 to get H1 if the program is providing. I have heard that some programs provide H1.
Thank you

I got a reply from ERAS for some of the queries,
Thank you for contacting ERAS Support Services at ECFMG.

Yes, you can still apply for the match, but the NRMP must have your passing results by Feb. 21, 2007. If they do not have all required criteria you will be automatically dropped form the match.
If you cannot provide a MSPE please indicate that on page 12 of the common application form.
As long as the letters are not addressed to any specific person you may use those letters.

but i read somewhere that for an IMG we need to pass some or all of the steps before applying.
plz help
asifcv

Postby anatolyk » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:16 pm

asifcv wrote:1. Do I have to pass step1 and 2CK to apply for the Match or is it ok if I provide it before the rank listing.

You have to have them passed by the rank order deadline - mid-February

asifcv wrote:2. Is it necessary to provide MSPE( Deans letter) I am not sure if my college in India knows about it and moreover the present dean might not be knowing me and I may have to travel to India to get that.

It is not a manadatory document. MSPE gets released to the programs November first, well past the time when most interviews get scheduled.

asifcv wrote:3. LOR’s. I have some LOR’s from my previous consultants which are few months old and they are not addressed to the program directors. How important is LOR letter.

Good LORs are a very important component of your application.

asifcv wrote:4. Do I have to pass Step3 to get H1 if the program is providing. I have heard that some programs provide H1.

In order to get H1 one must have Step 3 passed, this is correct.
anatolyk

hi..

Postby st_55 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:37 pm

hi are you sure that all your results just have to be in by the 21st of feb.? I have to take step 1 and i would like to do it by october...so can i send in my paperwork in november? any advice would greatly be appreciated. thank you.
st_55

Postby anatolyk » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:42 pm

Yes I am. You can send your application without having even single step passed. Most likely it won't be considered by most programs, but that's another story.
anatolyk

hi

Postby st_55 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:23 pm

so if i start the application process in early november is that too late? thank u for answering my questions.
st_55

Postby anatolyk » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

It is late, but do you have a choice?
anatolyk

hey

Postby st_55 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:02 am

i know but i dont think i have a choice in the matter...but i was thinking that if i started the application process in november I may have a chance in the post scramble....dont u have to apply through eras inorder to do that?
st_55

Postby anatolyk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:15 am

You will have a chance in both Match and Scramble.

Yes, you do need ERAS for the scramble.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Programs. IMG Friendly Hospitals