Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

after step 3

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

after step 3

Postby tannazadib » Tue May 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Dear Anatolyk,
I got my USMLE certificate in a 3 year period (97-2000).I went back home in 2000, and I was trapped there with an abusing husband. I had to participate in courts, etc. Now I am back to U.S. to get a residency. I am planning to take step 2 CS next month (the passed CSA is expired now).I am planning to take step 3 to have higher chances in entering residency. I have to take step 3 in a state without a requirement of completing all the steps in 7 years.
1-Will I have to take steps 1&2 once more, to get an unlimited practice liscence or DEA?
2- Will I have to take steps 1&2 once more, if I intend to establish a practice in a state with the 7 year limitation of taking all the three steps of USMLE?
thanks
tannazadib

Postby anatolyk » Wed May 24, 2006 9:37 pm

>I have to take step 3 in a state without a requirement of completing all the steps in 7 years.

This comes to play when you apply for a license after completing your residency. No matter what state you take Step 3, you will not be able to get a license in the states that have a 7-years rule - most states do.

You can take Step 3 anywhere, you just have to specify licensing authority - state that allows taking Step 3 before completing PGY-1. Search for a list of such states is somewhere in this forum.

It would be more beneficial in your case to re-take STep 1 and 2 as results are quite old and ODs may have doubts how fresh your knowledge is.
anatolyk

Postby Guest » Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 am

what is an OD?

Postby anatolyk » Tue May 30, 2006 3:35 pm

A typo should have been PD
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USMLE Step 3