Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

advice for step3

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

advice for step3

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi,
I am preparing for the step 3 and am doing the Kaplan course and the Kaplan Q bank for step 3. I would like to know what else is good for the same.
thanks in advance and best regards

Postby bansal » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:22 pm

Kaplan Q bank is not very good for step-3. I advice you to do Usmle world question for step-3 and practise ccs cases from the CD,which FSMB must have sent to you. though Kaplan Q book is very good for step-3,and the questions there are the true representative of the actual exam.
bansal

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:09 am

bansal wrote:Kaplan Q bank is not very good for step-3. I advice you to do Usmle world question for step-3 and practise ccs cases from the CD,which FSMB must have sent to you. though Kaplan Q book is very good for step-3,and the questions there are the true representative of the actual exam.

i did kaplan book mcqs, q book for stepIII.( i did not do any q bank).
first time i did i found i scored around 20-30%

Then i went on to do USMLE world mcqs on line. i scored again around 20-30%
so i am trying to do those mcqs again on line for usmle world, and go through this kaplan mcq book, again and again. It seems I am learning.
My concern, is I have not seen any advice for anyone scoring 20-30% on these tests. what should they do. Keep revising those mcqs and go through the explanations.
second question is if I do revise kaplan mcq book, and usmle world mcqs from web, then will that help me in getting a good score. I must get above 89%, as my step I is 82, and step II is 78 plus i am IMG.
And to top up, I do not have a green card.
Do I need to study more book, mcqs, short books, textbooks,
Anyone who could kindly reply I will appreciate it hightly or email me @
jabeen@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from some one

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:10 am

Anonymous wrote:
bansal wrote:Kaplan Q bank is not very good for step-3. I advice you to do Usmle world question for step-3 and practise ccs cases from the CD,which FSMB must have sent to you. though Kaplan Q book is very good for step-3,and the questions there are the true representative of the actual exam.

i did kaplan book mcqs, q book for stepIII.( i did not do any q bank).
first time i did i found i scored around 20-30%

Then i went on to do USMLE world mcqs on line. i scored again around 20-30%
so i am trying to do those mcqs again on line for usmle world, and go through this kaplan mcq book, again and again. It seems I am learning.
My concern, is I have not seen any advice for anyone scoring 20-30% on these tests. what should they do. Keep revising those mcqs and go through the explanations.
second question is if I do revise kaplan mcq book, and usmle world mcqs from web, then will that help me in getting a good score. I must get above 89%, as my step I is 82, and step II is 78 plus i am IMG.
And to top up, I do not have a green card.
Do I need to study more book, mcqs, short books, textbooks,
Anyone who could kindly reply I will appreciate it hightly or email me @
jabeen@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from some one

sorry, the email is jabeenh@hotmail.com

kindly do not forget the H after jabeen

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:48 am

so everyone is spell bound and speechless.
no one has an answer here???

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USMLE Step 3