Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Step 3 before residency

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

Step 3 before residency

Postby IMGdoc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Hi
I want to complete my Step3 before applying for match. In a rosy scenario, I get a residency! :D ; but in a state other than the one I chose for Step 3 :( . Does it mean that I would have to retake the exam once again?

It boils down to this: I think having great Step3 scores would make my application attractive; still I would not want to go through the grind all over again; esp with a toddler who ensures that I concentrate hard enough.... on her!

Thanks a lot!
IMGdoc

Re: Step 3 before residency

Postby anatolyk » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:53 am

No, you don't have to retake the exam.
In order to be eligible for step 3 before residecy, you should pick a state that allows that (many do) as your licensing authority.
anatolyk

optometrists

Postby opt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 am

hi
i am a graduate of optometry nd migrating o the USA soon with my family.what are my options ,can i stil practice in america? i know i have to take board exams nd stuff hoe do go about all this,the sooner i know what awaits me the betteri can handle it i guess.anybody plz help. thanx
opt

Postby anatolyk » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:40 pm

anatolyk

the 7 year period to pass all three exams

Postby sweetie » Wed May 27, 2009 10:22 am

Hi all
Iam new to the forum , found it very helpful
I have couple of qs, i have passed my step 1 and 2 ck ,cs and earned ECFMG certificate in 2005 , I passed my first exam in august of 2002, now iam preparing for step 3 since iam crossing the 7 yr limit soon (august 2009) , my big q is if dont take it within 7 yr period or may not be able to pass it , do i have to retake step 1& 2 ? or this is state specific, as some states have 7 yr limits and some have no requirements at all ,
and if pass step 3 over 7 yr time , can i work in other states who does have the requirement of 7 yr , please help me on this :cry:

Please reply
sweetie

Postby anatolyk » Thu May 28, 2009 7:00 pm

You will have to retake your oldest step, but not both.
This is required for licensing in most states, but not all.
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USMLE Step 3