Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

usmleworld NBME Kaplan score correlation

Step 3 test taking strategies, test preparation materials and centers

What materials did you use?

USMLE World
33%
NBME Self Assessment
17%
Kaplan QBank
33%
Kaplan QBook
17%

Total votes : 6

usmleworld NBME Kaplan score correlation

Postby anatolyk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:04 pm

It would be interesting to find out what scores/percentages people got while preparing for the Step 3 and what was the actual Step 3 score.

I know almost everybody uses USMLEWorld. Some people do the NBME self assessment tes, some do Kaplan.

So, please share your experience and help others!
anatolyk

Re: usmleworld NBME Kaplan score correlation

Postby applicantguide » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 pm

The applicantguide team have developed a table showing NBME, USMLE WORLD (UW) and Kaplan Qbank to USMLE step 1, 2 and 3 score correlation in 2-digit and 3-digit forms

http://usmle-score-correlation.blogspot .com/ (delete the space between the blogspot and .com)
applicantguide

Postby anatolyk » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Can you please share some details - how many samples of each score type have you used while compiling the score correlation table? How were the samples distributed across the scale?
anatolyk

Postby milmak2011 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:45 pm

dear Anatolyk
Thank you so much for ur advice throughout this forum, Iam an IMG with step 1 228, ck-216, cs pass all in first attempt but has step 3 one fail attempt.
Iam trying for the second attempt this time, but when i took NBME i only got 300!!!. so i donot want to take a chance this time too.

i find the step 3 questions very tricky , even i feel knw the answers to the big questions when i read thru the questions , at the end they will ask a whole different question - like management of a complication of a drug etc.

i am in the last stage of Kaplan now , average score 50 -55%. took UW last time but didnot finish it.

Do you think getting a different online qbank like USMLE preview is a good idea?

please advice me. and i believe i will concerntrate on step 3 before applying for residency , becuase i need visa sponsor.
but i am becoming more than 5 years after this.

thank you
milmak2011

Postby anatolyk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am

QBank and UW are the two tests I am aware of. I am sure there are plenty of others, but these two have earned a solid reputation.

There are so many questions, so doing them all over again might be not a bad idea.
anatolyk

Postby milmak2011 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:49 pm

thank you so much
milmak2011

Postby Bona » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 am

For step 3 i used Q-bank, USMLE world and Boards and Words. It's important to study carefully all the cases ,i could learn and keep notes even from the case presentation, try not to focus only on the wright answer, becasue you have to deal with DDx. I considered one case not one but as many as all the options for the answer. These have huge information, try to get the details. Do cases with timing. And you will do great as i did. Blessings!
Bona

Postby pehyzeb » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 am

Perfection in style gain after making necessary usage as more and more desire for require thing allow for perfect return. The usage of things allow for good return for needy function. The source of superiorpapers com allow for good needs.
pehyzeb

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USMLE Step 3