Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

IMG timeline help

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

IMG timeline help

Postby MK2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:09 am

Hi! I'm a 2012 grad and I just took our local Licensure exam and am now decided to take the MLE before taking up residency here in my country. Recently, I've been speaking with a few classmates of mine (also taking the MLE) which has led me to be confused about my proposed timeline.

Here's my problem: They said I need to finish my step 2 CS by mid May to get into the 2015 Match. Because I planned on taking it on July-August originally. [My timeline: Feb/March-May-July/August respectively for the Steps 1, 2 CS, and 2 CK.]

My question now is: Up to when can I take the step 2 CS in order to get into the 2015 Match? Can I apply for the Match without my step 2 CS score?

Thank you for your time!
MK2012

Re: IMG timeline help

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:41 am

Match 2015 timeline looks as follows:
July-August: you work on 2015 residency application.
September 15th: you start applying to the residency programs via ERAS
October -January: interview season
Jan-February: you rank the programs
March: Match 2015 results, SOAP for unmatched applicants.

Your goal is to have Step 1, 2 CK, 2 CS results by September 15th so that you apply to the programs having all the USMLE results available.

The deadline for USMLE exams is late February 2016. So you may apply having Step 1, 2ck without waiting for 2 CS. But the sooner you have all the results the better chances you stand for the interviews.
Julia IMG Residency

Re: IMG timeline help

Postby MK2012 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciated your input!

I am now going to push and try to take my CS on or before July/August 2014 to at least get the scores by September-October. :) I will also share this information with my other IMG friends so that they will also be cleared of this issue. Thank you again!
MK2012

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP