Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

urology/surgery residency after fellowship

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

urology/surgery residency after fellowship

Postby endurance » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:32 am

Hi,everyone... please give your precious advice. I have matched this June for a transplant fellowship starting 2014. I have completed my general surgery residency in my home country and want to know how to get into working in US/getting residency post fellowship.

My scores 87/87/CS and Step 3 in first attempt.

1. Will 2 years of US experience gained during fellowship help my application? Will it be helpful enough to overshadow my average scores.
2. Is it possible to do research/publication during fellowship to help me into residency?
3. I have heard of people doing lesser number of years in residency after doing fellowship? Is it possible..and how
endurance

Re: urology/surgery residency after fellowship

Postby Julia IMG Residency » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Good job on getting fellowship positions before residency training. Typical scenario is passing USMLEs and applying for the Match first, going to the residency training, and then moving on to the fellowship.
1. Two years of US fellowship training experience are extremely valuable for your residency application. No doubts this experience will make your application very competitive.
2. Research work, publications may also add up to the impressive CV that you will have. You should discuss these options at your fellowship program and research such opportunities there.
3. I don't think so, but it depends. Some residency programs may take into consideration your fellowship experience and therefore you may qualify for PGY-2/3. It depends of a particular residency program, policies there, and the way PD reviews your profile.
Julia IMG Residency

Postby endurance » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:44 pm

thank you very much Julia IMG Residency, for the encouraging reply. Please anybody in a similar situation in the past /present... do reply..
endurance

Postby Ashley Fensel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 am

This is a good forum about the IMG and hospitals in which workshops and training for new doctors trained. Hospital here you mention is good in environment and facilities. Thanks for sharing assignmentlabs.co.uk review and keep it up. This type of workshops serve very sufficiently to the people.
Ashley Fensel

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP