Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

pathology residency

Residency Match, ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP.
Applications, interviews, residency programs, match strategies and post match scramble.

pathology residency

Postby naam » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:05 pm

hi
thanx for instant reply.
can u answer another query.u said that i should applyin september.do i have to apply separately to hospitals through eras or nrmp . one more thing ... i have done my MD in pathology from india.will that help?2000 graduation n 2001-2004 MD . Do i need lor from usa ?will lor from private practioner in usa help?can i get lor from my head in india? i would appreciate ur help.thanx
naam

Pathology

Postby guess » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:39 am

Hi,

I just went through the Match for pathology and matched in California. The most common question asked was, "What US experience do you have?" Since I had six five months of US rotations (2 path, 1 FP), I was told, "I'm glad you had US experience and LOR from the US". Pathologist knows each other in the US, so that has more weight than someone they might not know.
Fair? I don't know, but the LOR are a way for the programs to see, "Can I work this this person?". Curiously, the only placed that asked, "How come you don't have LOR from where you went to school", was actually the place I matched in. Hum.... On the interview circuit I met a lady from Syria, who was a pathologist from her country and had LOR from the head of the university she worked at. She said she only was given one interview. However, I also met another pathologist from Poland who was on her 15th interview, so I guess it depends on each case... Apply to ERAS in September, and, if I recall I applied to the "Match" in December some time. The ERAS application is the big one; PS, CV, while the other one is a simple 10 minute form.... Good luck...
guess

to guest

Postby naam » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:45 pm

thanx a lot.can u tell m the name of some hospitals where i can do path residency .how long did it take to get ca letter im in ca too so imm looking for residency in ca .but everything seems difficult for this year.
naam

Pathology

Postby guess » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:42 am

Ah, the California Letter. That is something that is driving me mad as we speak. The California Letter is an awful experience. I've heard the Texas requirements are worse, but living through getting the letter is bad enough for me. It requires a ton of documentation, and a big fat $500 non-refundable application fee! The catch is that the residency programs want you to get the California Letter early (the earlier the better...I was told December). However, why would anyone spend $500 on an application if you don't know you will be matching in California? No one at the California Medical Board can see that logic. I applied the day after the Match and it has been headaches since. Your application will probably, like myself, be read three months after you applied. I was talking to human resources at my residency program and in some cases it may take a year.... For the letter, you will need your school you took premedical courses to send official transcripts; your passport/birth certificate; your original degree along with several copies; your official transcripts from your medical school; your original ECFMG certificate; FBI fingerprint card; L6 form to be sent to every rotation that you did outside of your medical school and then signed by your instructor there; L5 form filled out by your Dean very carefully; a general application that is notorized; and most importantly $500 USD to get the process started. Some hints: First, you must follow all the directions to the tee, one mistake and they won't tell you until the review of your application is over (around a week before residency, as is my case). Second, if you are a California resident, do the Live Scan fingerprinting. The paper method take three months. Unfortunately for me, the paper method didn't work out (too light), so my application was rejected. I didn't learn about the Live Scan until last week. Third, if you are going to apply after the match, get a FedEx or DHL account and a fax machine; you'll need to send things very quickly if you are planning on getting the California Letter after the Match. Fourth, contact your Dean and tell them they will be getting lots of paperwork to fill out. Warn them ahead of time. Make sure they don't make a mistake or are too speific or general on the L5A form. Ask them if they have filled one out before...The worse thing about this process is they the analyst won't tell you about the status of your application until everything has been reviewed... It is worth mentioning that each applicant will be assigned a different analyst based on the letter of the alphabet of their surname, so the review process may vary from analyst to analyst...
Refer to FRIEDA for which places have residency programs in pathology...
So to recap, if you know you want to match in California, get the letter sooner than later. If you have your ECFMG certificate, you can even apply now for next year.
guess

to guest

Postby naam » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:27 pm

thanx a lot.i went to freida but no luck.
naam

Pathology

Postby guess » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:44 pm

Once in FREIDA, go click "Residency Training Programs". Then "Choose speciality", check "Pathology", and, finally, click "search". Walla, there is the entire list of path residency programs. You will find the information within somewhat accurate. However, everytime I quoted something from FREIDA to a program, they told me it was outdated.... Now, if you want to stay in California, I highly recommend you do your California Letter now, or within the next few months. It is separate from the ERAS. I speak from experience. Today I was informed that if I didn't resolve my California Letter by next week, I'd be removed from the residency program, so I can't say how important it is for you to start that application process now....
guess

Re: pathology residency

Postby nubahy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 am

All the pertinent usages aver been done for the humans. It has been done and https://aussiessayservices.com/ is fixed for the role of the terms for the humans for all vital parts for the people.
nubahy

Re: pathology residency

Postby ross.usmlerrr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 am

thanks .. tht is very helpful info
ross.usmlerrr

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Residency Match: ECFMG, ERAS, NRMP