Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Alert on medicals scam

This one is dedicated for advertisements that are entertaining but either fake (self-promotion) or misleading. In ther words this is an Anti-Ads or "do the opposite" place

Alert on medicals scam

Postby jeancloud » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 am

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR] is a scam. all they do is take your money and funnel it into the pockets of shifty attendings in medical institutions. its a sick disgusting game they play and i am working with others to get my money back. i was contacted by a detective because there is a class action lawsuit being filed against [REMOVED BY MODERATOR]. if anyone has any information about them stay tuned, you should watch out.

I am writing this to alert anyone intending on using [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] for your scramble application. Please think twice about using them. They are a SCAM run by some nobody posing as two doctors with MD and PhD Degrees that cannot be verified with any licensing board. I fell for their scam and am going to file complaints with the FBI, News media and local authorities where they supposedly are located. Please take your hard earned money, pray and use ERAS (which incidentally they tell you to use after you pay them and they stop communicating with you).

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR] BEWARE!!!!!!!I had a very bad experience with them, they took around 1000 dollars from me for post match scramble,,, i was a fool and an idiot,,,, all they did was they created a weblink for me which i can do by myself in around 100 dollars they claimed that they will contact each and every hospital. They send my link to even those hospital where there was no position available and i think now those program will make a note and when i apply there in next match , they will blacklist me.

I just want to tell you that [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] is a big SCAM
dont waist your money they in fact will harm you.
Thanks

================
NOTE: EACH [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] SECTION CONTAINED A DIFFERENT COMPANY NAME. ALL IN ALL THERE WERE 4 COMPANIES MENTIONED
jeancloud

Postby anatolyk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 am

Did you raise your concerns with any of the companies you mentioned above? I personally spoke with all of them and so far have no reason to believe they would ignore you unlike some others not mentioned in your post. I am going to approach all of them myself asking to provide their comments.

As with many similar posts, I have a strong belief that this one is not genuine. Not trying to protect interests of any of the names mentioned there even though I know that next day I will receive Cease and Desist letters from their owners, which happened a few times in the past.

I just see a few inconsistencies typical for posts like this. So, I won't even try to argue, just raise my doubt about its genuinity. Judging by its style, I can tell who is posting that, but I will leave this mind exercise for the readers.
anatolyk

Postby anatolyk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Here is what I found. The post is a collection of old negative posts about a different company. But instead of its name, jeancloud (I doubt that's the real name) put other businesses. Just look at these posts:

http://www.usmleforum.com/archives/2006/4/83548.php
facts about [deleted],,,,plz read
joe555 - 04/14/06 11:43

I had a very bad experience with them, they took around 1500 dollors from me for post match scramble,,, i was fool and ediot,,,, all they did was they created a weblink for me which i can do by myself in around 100 dollors
they climed that they will contact each and evry hospital ,,,it was very true infact I recieved a very enyoing e mail from PD .
they send my link to even those hospital where there was no position available and i think now those program will make a note and when i apply there in next match , they will blacklist me.
Now after the match they have removed their add from usmleforum.
I have been trying to contact them about any externship or observership and they did not even bother to answer my messages.
No reply to email as well.
I just want to tell you,,, [deleted] is a big SCAM
dont waist your money they infact will harm you.
Thanks

http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2007/4/166893.php
docigiligi - 03/03/07 18:16

Hi all,

I am writing this to alert anyone intending on using [deleted].com for your scramble application. Please think twice about using them. They are a SCAM run by some nobody posing as two doctors with MD and PhD Degrees that cannot be verified with any licensing board. I fell for their scam and am going to file complaints with the FBI, News media and local authorities in New Jersey where they supposedly are located. Please take your hard earned money, pray and use ERAS (which incidentally they tell you to use after you pay them and they stop communicating with you).

http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/49972/
docigiligi
Forum Newbie

Topics: 1

I am writing this to alert anyone intending on using [deleted].com for your scramble application. Please think twice about using them. They are a SCAM run by some nobody posing as two doctors with MD and PhD Degrees that cannot be verified with any licensing board. I fell for their scam and am going to file complaints with the FBI, News media and local authorities in New Jersey where they supposedly are located. Please take your hard earned money, pray and use ERAS (which incidentally they tell you to use after you pay them and they stop communicating with you).
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Division of Shameless Advertisements