Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

not a bad story but more like a bad future?

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

not a bad story but more like a bad future?

Postby especialty » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi everyone, I really need your help here as my mind is really frozen out of stress. I've recently finished my perdiatrics residency & want to continue abroad. Now the problem is that I haven't worked for it earlier & recently I'm getting a negative feedback about residency in the US. A friend is telling me it'll be too hard to start now and that connections are a must... I was planning to do research for 2 years & do the USMLE, but I couldn't get the postion. So, I'm donig nothing now & it's killing me that I can't think of other options. Plz anyone has been there? what did u do? It's like all the doors are closing on me...also has anyone considered Canada, England or other countries? thanx alot.
especialty

Re: not a bad story but more like a bad future?

Postby anatolyk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 am

Everything is possible. If you are a recent grad with striong USMLE scores, you should be able to get it.
anatolyk

Return to Share your "bad" story