Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Medical school diploma advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

Medical school diploma advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby john132 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I completed all the requirements (Step 1, CS and all required clinical rotations) except CK to obtain my diploma from Ross. Unfortunately, Ross withdrew me from school after I was scheduled to graduate for failing CK the third time. And I was 2 points away on CK to pass or from obtaining my MD degree that I thought would be my career path. I have already gone through the grievance process and have accepted that practicing medicine is probably not on my plate. And I am just exploring any options available for me including other careers to pay my medical school loans that will follow me until I die. However, almost all options require a medical school diploma which I don’t have to show for 5 years I spent in Medical school. Ross even refused to give me an option for master’s degree either. I have exhorted all my money/loan on Ross medical school, over 200 grand and cannot afford to pay semesters for other school to sponsor me for USMLE. Now, I don’t necessarily want to practice medicine but would be nice to obtain a diploma to sprint in to another career. Is it necessary to have passed all USMLEs to obtain a diploma in all medical schools? Any less expensive international medical schools I should try or transfer to? I don’t mind to sit for any school exit exams, if there is such a thing. Any advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
john132

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story