Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Horror story

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

Horror story

Postby nonews » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Dear all,
I hope my story helps someone.
I took my steps and passed with really great scores >95 all steps. But somehow I limited my applications and really didnt look into the programs background before taking up the prematch with them. Upon informing a colleague in the program that I had accepted the offer, he didnt sound too happy, I should have known then that all wasnt well. However, right before starting work, I asked about a lady from my country in the program, and could not get a straight answer from anyone. I later discovered she had "left" under very shady circumstances, which no one could really explain.
Long story short, I got publicly abused and humiliated by a senior resident in my first core rotation, all in an attempt to cover her own ass. My request to not work with her was turned down, subsequently I got failed in the rotation for not getting along with the senior colleague who had "concerns". This was the beginning of my nightmare, In an attempt to look good, my abuser started spreading stories that I was stupid, and incompetent. I never believed that anyone would listen to trash talk, but then....it happens. Then when her story got challenged, she changed the rumors to saying I could not be "trusted". This resulted in unimaginable problems for me when I worked with other people. I made the mistake of being more intellectually savvy than another senior colleague; who swore I would lose my job, and reported me to the PD for insubordination. I got "technically" suspended, put on a charade probation, and subsequently currently being asked to resign or be fired.
Bottom line, it can happen to anyone. It could be just that they hate the color of your skin. I have borne all sorts of insults, from pple saying I'm retarded, to saying I am an impersonator, then those who say my level of confidence does not sit well with most people.
If you are an IMG, be very careful. Kiss all the butt you can till you can graduate. Sometimes, even that wont be enough. Had I known, I would have reapplied at the very first sign of trouble, that is something I'm still beating myself up for not doing.
nonews

Re: Horror story

Postby anatolyk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Whataver path you choose, my advise is not to burn the bridges. You will need feedback from this program many times on your road. Consider this - I am not aware of a single successful challenge of unfair treatment by the program.
anatolyk

Postby PrinceCharles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 pm

i read your story and it was terrible.

my advice to you is simple just believe in God and always pray to Him.

you need to be strong and have faith in Him that all things you suffered will be over

and start a new life.
PrinceCharles

Postby marrie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 am

ohh.. that was a very tragic one..

that was a very rude person..

but don't worry for sure there would still be people you believe you..

people who would not believe on what they have said about you..

for as long as you know what is the truth be your self.. God is always with us.. He knows the truth..

so don't give up.. be strong..

:D :D :D
marrie

Postby Graham » Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 am

Well you need to be relax and just take care of your health and don't think mor about this and every thing will be fine because sometimes it happens and just relax yourself and believe in God and leave it on Him.
personal trainer orange county
Graham

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story