Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Irregular Behavior???????

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

Irregular Behavior???????

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:24 am

Hey Guys im totally devastated and need your advice-help-encouragement....This is my story...When i first applied for step 1 i was a medical student however i extended my eligibility period to the next trimester and finally took the test...the problem was that at the cutoff point between the two eligibility periods my status changed from a medical student to a graduate...I called ecfmg and asked them about that, they told me to notify it as soon as i would have my degree...I didnt manage to do so before taking the exam ,took the exam took the results and two months later i applied as a medical graduate for step 2 with my degree ,showing i was already a graduate two months before taking step 1...I didnt have a problem however and took the test (2). Took the results and continued,
Does anyone know whether they would reevaluate my score considering it as an irregular behavior? Is there any possibility? Is there anyone with a relevant story?please give me your advice.......i need it....

Re: Irregular Behavior???????

Postby BlackRoSe » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:44 am

It makes absolutely no difference. Nothing will happen. And it is no big deal. They know you applied as a medical student and in that time you graduated - it happens to everybody. I applied as a graduate when I was still a medical student :). I gave them my degree a year later. It matters not.
BlackRoSe

Re: Irregular Behavior???????

Postby Graham » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 am

I think BlackRose is right and you should act upon his advice and just go on right towards your track and it doesn't matter and your problem will be solved.
Graham

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Share your "bad" story