Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

WITHOUT IMMIGRANTS, THIS COUNTRY WOULD COLLAPSE IN A MINUTE

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

WITHOUT IMMIGRANTS, THIS COUNTRY WOULD COLLAPSE IN A MINUTE

Postby 6h35knw2u80aqf5 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:19 am

US education is below international standards. THIS IS A FACT.

www.catholiceducation.org/articles/educ ... d0033.html

Increasing the number of highly skilled immigrants in the US is a priority for the country. Actually, it is vital in today’s highly competitive world. US natives cannot fill the country’s needs.

www.infoworld.com/article/07/02/26/HNim ... ill_1.html

This country’s economy depends on immigrant highly skilled labor and entrepreneurship.

www.migrationpolicy.org/files/RPMVol1-No2.pdf

www.competeamerica.org/economy/myths_re ... es0207.PDF

Preventing the immigration of foreign physicians into the US would be a DISASTER. This fact is even worse for several other professions like IT, engineering and all branches of science. Plus, the high skilled immigrants in all professions are, all in all, clearly superior to US natives. Forcing highly skilled immigrants in all areas to leave would be an absolute SUICIDE for the USA.

blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/07/us-savior-forei.html

About 25% of US doctors are foreign born. Do not believe me. Look it up. The percentage is even higher in other fields, where it can approach 50%.

Apart from the cold statistics, which speak for themselves, there are other, more “human” factors, which I pass to mention:

1. US born professionals lack some necessary early experiences, which are common in other countries. Many of US natives come from broken homes, with single mothers with a number of stepchildren (all from different fathers); some even don’t know their father. Many of these people have never seen a real family. That poses a problem for physicians, who are supposed to understand and respect family relationships.

2. The majority (if not all) of US born professionals have extensive experience with “recreational” drugs. Many of them spent most of their college time using drugs instead of studying (which explains why they take in average 6 years or more to complete their college education). More often than not, it does not end there, and they continue using drugs throughout all their life. That poses a problem for physicians, despite the extensive drug screenings, which they can easily fool.

3. Even the few US born professionals that are really competent are like idiot savants. Their expertise is limited to rigidly perform a medical routine. Whenever dragged into another area of the same profession or, even worse, another field in life, they are utterly hopeless. That poses a problem for physicians, who should be conversant with all aspects of human life, not only the medical technicalities.

For all these reasons, the screeching claims of the nazi movements out there against skilled immigration in the US are not only disgusting, but also seriously harmful for this country. If worst comes to worst, I would not have any problem leaving this country, if they force me to. Due to my qualifications, it would be easy to for me to land into any other country with fat checks and slim chicks, in any continent. For me, it would be just another move among many, and the opportunity to see even more of the world. For this beautiful country, on the other hand, a massive exodus of immigrant professionals would mean a complete tragedy.
6h35knw2u80aqf5

Re: WITHOUT IMMIGRANTS, THIS COUNTRY WOULD COLLAPSE IN A MINUTE

Postby doct » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 am

WOW!!! :shock: You have way too much time on your hands!!! :cry: Please continue on your worldwide journey as we (The USA) will not miss your so-called valuable skills :?: Could not finish reading your entire passage as yous english "SUCKS"!!

Good day Mate
Cheers!!! :P
doct

Return to Share your "bad" story