Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

I don't know what to do

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

I don't know what to do

Postby mysatrang » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:32 pm

I did PGY-1 in FM . I transferred to PGY-2 at another program. Didn't pass Step 3 on time, by February of PGy-2 as indicated in my contract, and so got laid off. Applied for all FP PGY-2 positions that are opened but No Interview. Is it because of Step 3 or something else? Can anyone give me some ideas/suggestions.

Thanks
mysatrang

Postby anatolyk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:23 am

I doubt step 3 is the reason. There got to be something else.
anatolyk

Postby mysatrang » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Well, it wasn't just me that got laid off. Another resident in my class got laid off also. But I don't know why I am not getting interviews.
mysatrang

Postby anatolyk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:05 pm

Nobody can guess just based on what you described. Could be a million of reasons.
anatolyk

Re: I don't know what to do

Postby Graham » Thu May 26, 2011 2:45 am

Well you have not cleared but i think step three is the reason as much i have got and no other reason feels here and i think step three is the reason.
Graham

Return to Share your "bad" story