Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Bad PDs are definitely out there

This topic is dedicated to sharing personal experiences about unsuccessful residency, non renewed contracts, evil PDs and upper levels, etc. Posting your story you help others not to make the same mistake. This topic is anonymous, your identity is protected.

Postby kvs » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Well, I guess I need to share my tale of woe with people since I had to learn it the hard way. I was a surgery resident, when I arrived where I matched I recognized there was a pretty big problem at the program because there was a 50% attrition rate. How in the world did I miss this, you ask? Well, I was flat out lied to during the interview process. Well, basically I did not get along with the PDs junior partner (he cussed at residents got right in their faces and pointed in your face- you know, the whole bully part. Well, he really was after me- especially after I asked him to stop cussing at me. He wrote me a bad evaluation, gossiped enough about me, said bad comments every chance he got until I ended up in the PDs office being talked to. After this talk, my goal was to stay clear and just do my job. But a few months later, he tried to place me on probation. I asked to see my file because I had NOT seen anything in writing- not one complaint. He REFUSED! So, I filed a complaint with human resources and the CEO of the hospital (the program did not follow their own probation guidelines), wrote a letter to the RRC (who came and investigated the program because of their high attrition rate) and resigned ( this was my only option, because I was not about to have probation on my record for something bogus like someone doesn't like me..The RRCs verdict is still pending, BUT the program director got fired. The harsh part is...I gave up my spot for this to happen and will be doing research fo the next 2 yrs before reapplying. But sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do!
kvs

Postby lymphoma » Tue May 27, 2008 5:22 am

that was very brave of u kvs. GL in your career
lymphoma

Postby soypedy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:28 am

I too have had a bad trading experience with this Mr. Koh. I shipped my kit out a month ago and I have not seen anything or heard anything from him since.

So, learn from our shared bad experience; DON"T trade or deal with this VICTOR KOH. Hes bad news
soypedy

Return to Share your "bad" story