Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

pathology usce

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

pathology usce

Postby usmlepatho » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi,
I will be applying for match next year in pathology. I need help finding clinical experience in pathology.How should I proceed! How to build a competitive CV for pathology! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
usmlepatho

Re: pathology usce

Postby anatolyk » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Getting clinical experience in Pathology would support and strengthen your application. You can go to http://www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern.

As a result you can get LORs from U.S. Doctors which will make your application substantially stronger.
anatolyk

Postby futurepeddoc3 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

I needed a Ped and IM rotation 6 months ago. I called a lot placement companies in chicago, nyc, and atlanta. Chris from United Medical Rotations had me placed in 2 weeks. AMG wasn't bad either but slower. The one in ny was awful.
futurepeddoc3

Postby usmlepatho » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 pm

anatolyk wrote:Getting clinical experience in Pathology would support and strengthen your application. You can go to http://www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern.

As a result you can get LORs from U.S. Doctors which will make your application substantially stronger.

Appreciate your help.will try doing that.
usmlepatho

Postby PathDock » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 am

Hi I am an IMG from India having MD degree in pathology and ging to apply for path residency next year.. I was wondering what I can do to strenghten my CV as there are very few observerships in pathology..
Can I do pathology assistant jobs ?but I am on B1B2 visa
any suggestion is highly appreciated
PathDock

Postby anatolyk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:19 am

A formal in-patient externship is more difficult to get than actual residency. However, you can easily get outpatient externship in a private practice by simply calling the practices. You can go to http://www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern.
anatolyk

Postby PathDock » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:41 pm

[quote="anatolyk"]A formal in-patient externship is more difficult to get than actual residency. However, you can easily get outpatient externship in a private practice by simply calling the practices. You can go to http://www.webmd.com and search for primary care doctors in the area where you live or plan to live. You can make a good guess about the origin of a doctor by his/her name. Doctors originating from the same country as you are most likely IMGs as well and know exactly what kind of a situation you’re in. 90% of them will be sympathetic. 10% will agree to have you as an extern.[/q

Thank you very much Dr foryour advice..I got some pathologist from my country in WebMD currently in practice..My question is should I call them or go and meet them personally in the hospital.Second option is tough for me as I have no means of transportation and I am in California where there is poor public transport system.
PathDock

Postby northshore010 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:32 am

Pathologists as a rule don't specifically collaborate with the patients, however expand their administrations by inspecting tests of blood, or by leading biopsies, additionally helping doctors in diagnosing the ailment, understanding its degree, and prescribe them the most ideal medicines which can be embraced to cure the malady recognized. Pathology may not be as prominent as different orders of drug. Yet, is obviously an essential and basic piece of any healing facility all around the globe. Turning into a pathologist includes one of the lengthiest instruction and preparing procedures of every one of doctors' reviews. Essential necessities incorporate a four-year four year certification alongside four years of restorative school and at least four years of ace's preparation in the field of pathology. On the off chance that you are wanting to seek after a vocation in the territory of pathology, there are a large group of prominent medicinal colleges in the nation which offer internationally acclaimed restorative degrees and are upheld by a magnificent training framework and a showing staff with far reaching background. Once you've finished your instruction, there are a large group of famous pathology labs where you can finish your preparation and turn into an expert pathologist.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Form i-693 Medical Exam
northshore010

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience