Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

Clinical Electives....Medical Malpractice Insurance

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

Melissa

Postby Melissa » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:22 pm

I was having trouble with this. However some universitys offer malpractice insurance within thier elective so you only have to get health insurance. I found this was easier.
Hope this helps
Melissa

Postby ashish_padnani » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:42 am

thanx for the reply

can u name some universities that dont ask malpractice insurance
ashish_padnani

buy it from hospital

Postby amirhossein » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 am

you can ask them if they provide that in hospital or not. I mean for some hosital you can buy insurance after arrival.otherwise you can ask hospital to introduce some of these companies to you
amirhossein

Re: Clinical Electives....Medical Malpractice Insurance

Postby jim-laws » Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 am

truly
jim-laws

Postby jamie-law » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 am

well most programs mention that as a "prerequisite". so we don't have a choice anyway
jamie-law

Postby jkjoker2003 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:04 am

I have found that there are only a few options if you have to find your own coverage. It is important to either find either occurence coverage or coverage that hs the "Tail" charge built into the premium. this assures that once you no longer need the coverage that is wraps itself up and you have this coverage for the life time of the exposure you create during this period. I tried a link that I found when I googled for coverage http://www.equotemd.com/ and they were very helpful. The coverage was expensive in my opinion but they did find an option. If I recall it was around $1500. Please post if you have found something else.
jkjoker2003

Postby emedmal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 am

I would pick on choosing a university that doesn't require this but I feel like you should probably get it anyways to be safe. Check out Emedmal for medical malpractice insurance quotes. They usually have decent rates.
emedmal

Postby darrylphilander » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:57 am

In the medical staffing industry, the techniques and tools employed to place, contract and recruit are all so standardized. They would entirely differ on the individual preferences of each staffing agency such as the goals, degree of dedication, welfare, and the monthly quota taken.
darrylphilander

Postby TTyler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Also research "professional medical liability insurance"!
TTyler

Postby cassierichard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

You have organizations that allow you to get HOCE and cover you with Malpractice liability insurance as well. You don't have to go through the hassle of buying it separately, its a part of their services along with a lot of other services that they provide for IMG's applying for residency in the US. Ask me and I will provide you with the information if you are still interested.
cassierichard

Postby rbrew » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 am

If you are still looking for insurance, you may also look at Capson for medical malpractice insurance: http://www.capson.com. I've heard great things about them. They provide insurance in several states. Check out the States We Cover page to see if your state is one that they cover.
rbrew

Postby Urfi649 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 am

Hey, friends! I have been searching on best medical malpractice insurance rate since last week but i could not reach on right way. But one day i am searching on google and i found an amazing website that provide us best services. I suggest you to visit http://www.nexus-insurance.net/special-offer.html at least once because their rates are very cheap. I am very impressed by their offers and policies. They also provide special discount for medical students. I hope you will find more information about medical malpractice insurance.
Urfi649

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience