Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

clerkship

Observership, Externship, Research opportunities. United States Clinical Experience.

clerkship

Postby tanuja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I have applied via Americlerkships for clerkship in internal medicine. They have informed me that they have an opening in a hospital. This hospital has a residency program only in family medicine. Is it wise to do a clerkship in internal medicine in a hospital with a residency program only in family medicine? I have another option in a hospital with internal medicine, but the locality is apparently not safe. please advice regarding this...
tanuja

Re: clerkship

Postby tanuja » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm

please reply!!!
tanuja

Postby anatolyk » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:19 am

1. Any clerkship is better than none.
2. Is your clerkship going to be at FM program or just in a hospital with FM program? If latter, this shouldn't matter.
anatolyk

Postby zarinegazali » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 am

Hey hi,

Even i came across this americlerkships. pls let me know how they are as i am planning to do it from them next year.
zarinegazali

Re: Americlerkship

Postby shiny » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm

AMERICLERKSHIPS is a big sham! please dont trust these people.
this is my first hand experience :(
most of their employee''s are inefficient and kept me hanging!
They apparently are away from their desk A LOT haha.. call them & goes to their VM. email them and mostly likely you wont get a reply till next week.
never did my clinicals as scheduled.
I was tired dealing with them. but finally im done with them
just want to save the rest of the imgs
Please be aware!!
im sure one of the loggers from americlerkships is soon going to reply to this haha :D
its a lot of money for the enrollment itself and then running across the country in disappointment is a huge waste
also they sweet talk you into believing all their BS
for the people already with them.. only one advice- be curt with them and get something out of these losers!!
shiny

Postby anatolyk » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I am not affiliated or have any interest in Americlerkships.

Your post seems to be very emotional. If you could summarize facts in a non-judgemental way, information would be more "digestable". E.g. I was promiced A, B, and C. The company delivered X, Y, Z. Delta is K, L, M.
anatolyk

Postby tanuja » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 am

Shiny is right!
tanuja

Postby Bona » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

tanuja wrote:I have applied via Americlerkships for clerkship in internal medicine. They have informed me that they have an opening in a hospital. This hospital has a residency program only in family medicine. Is it wise to do a clerkship in internal medicine in a hospital with a residency program only in family medicine? I have another option in a hospital with internal medicine, but the locality is apparently not safe. please advice regarding this...

Are you going to pay for this clerkship? May i ask you are you done with all steps? I do have the same interes as you do.
Bona

Postby chased702 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 am

They like to (over)charge up front, then when things don't go as you requested they keep the money. They also charge extra for arbitrary terms (i.e. "Verified"), but then you end up in outpatient setting anyway. There's a ton of complaints on them from each forum, but as it's not consolidated students don't get the full picture until it's too late. Here's one such list, but there are many others out there as well http://www.usmleforum.com/files/forum/2014/4/775168.php
chased702

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to USCE Observerships/Externships/Research US Clinical Experience