Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

after post match

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

after post match

Postby tasneembanu » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:45 pm

what happens after post match scramble if there r positions left?can we contact the programs?
tasneembanu

What after the scramble

Postby anatolyk » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:49 pm

There are two “second wave scrambles” ahead:

In about a week a lot of reshuffling will be going on. This is due to some people matching in a preliminary position and scrambling in advanced position, which also have a PGY-1 year. Even though this is against NRMP rules, people do that and they will start giving up their match positions tomorrow as they find out where they matched. So, programs will get back to their application files that they collected during the scramble.

Somewhere in May – June there will be another wave of positions due to some people not being able to obtain their visas on time, family matters, etc.

Even though number of positions that are going to be available during those “second waves” is not big, there still is a chance.
anatolyk

Re: What after the scramble

Postby still looking for a spot » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:50 am

Good point. Thanks
still looking for a spot

Postby guest_000 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:41 pm

i also tried a lot in this scramble but dint get even a single call.
i am surprised that there were a out 500 seats in prelim surg..and i had
step-1=88 and step-2 85 and green card; ecfmg certification
but no single call.......
as u say about this first wave..... so the prorams ll be calling us if they need to or shud we try too..
actually i was going thru eras and tracking my application status and i saw that few programs (although saying that they were full on 14 march) still downloaded my application yesterday and today
wat does it mean??
shud i call them??
please help
guest_000

ERAS

Postby anatolyk » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:49 pm

I would definitely call them and ask if there is a possibility as well as to consider your application in case if there is an opportunity in the future.
anatolyk

Postby guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:01 pm

thanx.
i ll call

Return to Post Match Scramble