Follow ImgResidency on Twitter
Subscribe to the Match TODO newsletter. Reminders for important dates and events throughout the match process.
Site Sponsors:
www.ResidencyPlace.com - Customized Program Requirements
www.IMGResidency.com - IMG Match and Scramble Services

SCRAMBLE OPTIONS...

Scramble experience, suggestions, strategies

SCRAMBLE OPTIONS...

Postby drsan_gs » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:05 am

Hi, I am an IMG from India. i have completed my internal medicine residency in INdia last year. I am ECFMG certified. i am planning to apply for the post match scramble...
i wanted to ask u a frew Qs...
1st.. can i take up another speciality like family practice/ combined programs and then shift over to Internal medicine next yr..
ALSO... wud it be better to take a J1 post or a preliminary post in internal medicine.... and then reapply for a PGY2 posn next year...also cant i reapply again for the categorical program if need be next yr in pllace of the PGY2 yr..
which of the two is a better option to follow....
wud sincerely appreciate the help...
Thanx
drsan_gs

Postby anatolyk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:11 am

1st.. can i take up another speciality like family practice/ combined programs and then shift over to Internal medicine next yr..

If by "shift" you mean complete PGY-1 in FP and then start PGY-2 in IM, then no. You will have to start from PGY-1 again.

ALSO... wud it be better to take a J1 post or a preliminary post in internal medicine.... and then reapply for a PGY2 posn next year...

Better then what? It is better then not applying at all for sure :)

also cant i reapply again for the categorical program if need be next yr in pllace of the PGY2 yr..

Yes, you can. And there usually are plenty of PGY-2 categorical spots in IM
anatolyk

IMG Residency Match 2013 Service

Return to Post Match Scramble